Have you heard of the saying, “An Apple a day keeps the Doctor away”? This is an old saying which means eating fresh and healthy food will keep you healthy. Apples are a good source of Vitamin C and have very few calories. They help to lower your bad cholesterol as well as reduce your risk of diabetes, prevents heart disease and cancer. This salad is crispy and tangy with the goodness of nuts and fruits. Apples and celery makes it more fibrous and nut gives you a nice crunch to your salad.
- 2 large Apples, peeled, cored and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 stalks Celery, trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup toasted Nuts (peanuts, almonds, walnuts, cashews)
- Â½ cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp. finely chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and crushed black pepper as per taste
Take a bowl and add the apple pieces into it. Drizzle with half the lemon juice to stop them from turning brown. Add the celery, nuts, raisins, and parsley. Now drizzle with the remaining lemon juice and olive oil onto it. Sprinkle some salt and crushed black pepper. Toss well and serve.
Delicious yet healthy, Apple Nut & Celery salad is ready to relish!!!