We always try hard to keep our place clean and hygienic. But when the season changes, we see all the tiny insects surrounding us and especially during monsoon lots of mosquitoes get into the house. Despite our efforts, we cant keep away from these insects getting into the house, outdoor or garden, basement, landscape. To keep our children safe from mosquito bite becomes difficult.
Some people are very allergic to mosquito bites. Once the mosquito bites, reddish bumps develop on the skin and that part of the skin gets swollen. Itching appears on that part of the skin. Childrenâ€™s canâ€™t control and scratch with nails which is sometimes painful.
There are many mosquitoes repellent available in the market which are mostly used during rainy days. From research it has been found that female mosquito bites causes diseases like malaria, dengue, swine flu, headache, viral fever, chikungunya. To avoid ourselves going to the hospital and keeping our self healthy we should try some household precautions and not totally depend on the market mosquito repellents. Repellent sold in the market like mosquito killer electric machine, racket, spray are useful but they also sometimes allergic to us. Most important an asthma patient should be kept far from this.
Some of the home made tips given below are helpful to stay away from mosquito bites:
- Basil: Basil plant is very well known for its Ayurvedic properties and Hindu Myths. Chemically test is approved that Basil plant is a natural Ayurvedic repellent which kills mosquitoes larvae. This plant has anti-bacterial and anti-biotic properties. Plant a basil plant near the window will be helpful to keep away from mosquitoes.
- Garlic: Garlic has a compound called Allicin in it which prevents from diseases caused by parasites. To use garlic as a repellent you have to crush some garlic cloves and make a paste. Add this paste in the water and boil it. When the water cools down strain it and fill in the sprinkling jar. Now you can spray on the area where mosquitoes are seen.
- Neem oil and Coconut oil: This both oils are easily available. Take both the oils in equal proportion and mixed well. Fill this mixture in a bottle. Use this mixed oil on your hand and legs. Neem oil smell is strong which will be helpful to keep mosquitoes away from you.
- Eucalyptus and Lemon oil: These oils work as active part cineole which has antiseptic as well as insect repellent properties in it.Take both the oils in same proportion and mix them. Apply this mixed oil on your body. This will protect you from insects coming towards you.
- Camphor: Camphor has a strong smell. Light the camphor pieces in one dish and close the room for 15 minutes. Its aroma will kill the mosquitoes inside the room. Camphor with cloves both are also lighten together to kill harmful mosquitoes.
- Mint oil: Mint oil and mint extract is effective indoor mosquito repellent. Apply this oil on the body before sleeping or you can plant this shrub at your home. Mint flavoured mouthwash mixed with water can be sprayed to the corners of the room.