Paneer Butter Masala is a delicious North Indian curry often served with naan, roti or jeera rice. It’s loaded with the goodness of cashews and richness of butter & cream. Paneer cubes are simmered in thick creamy onion tomato gravy with spices to get a perfect restaurant style aroma and taste. It is the most popular paneer recipe in Indian cuisine.
- 10-12 Paneer cubes
- 3 Tomatoes chopped
- 1 Onion diced
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste
- 2 Cardamom pods
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Â½ tsp Turmeric
- Â½ tsp Red Chilli Powder
- Â½ tsp Cumin Coriander Powder
- Â½ tsp Garam Masala
- Â½ tsp Kasuri Methi
- 8-10 soaked Cashews
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Chopped Coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp Cream (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Heat a pan and add oil to it.
- Add onions and saute them well till translucent.
- Once the onion is fried, add tomatoes and cook them till they are soft and mushy.
- Add soaked cashews and cook for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it cool. After they cool grind them to a paste.
- On a medium flame, Heat the same pan and add butter to it. Add bay leaf, cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon stick to it add ginger garlic paste and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Fry this on very low flame as ginger garlic might get burnt very quickly.
- Now add the onion tomato cashew paste and let it cook for a while, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin coriander powder, garam masala and give it a nice stir.
- Cook the gravy well at low flame till the butter is separated.
- Now you can add little water to adjust the consistency.
- Let it come to a boil, add the paneer cubes and crushed kasuri methi.
- Give it a gentle stir. Cover the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes. Garnish with coriander leaves and some cream.
Enjoy Paneer Butter Masala with naan, roti or phulkas!