- 1 bay leaf
- 3 finely chopped tomatoes
- Garlic 3-4 cloves
- 1 tsp butter
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Bread slices 4
- 3 tsp cream
Method of tomato puree
- First rinse the tomatoes really well & keep aside.
- Remove the stem if there are any.
- In a saucepan take enough water (approx. 6-8 cups) so that the tomatoes get immersed completely.
- Add a pinch of salt to the water and bring the water to boil.
- Add the tomatoes & switch off the flame.
- Close the saucepan with the lid.
- Let the tomatoes be immersed in the hot water 20-30minutes.
- Drain the water and let them warm or cool down.
- In the meantime, finely crush the garlic & keep aside
- Once the tomatoes cool down, peel them.
- Chop the tomatoes & blend the tomatoes to a smooth puree, keep aside
Method of bread croutons
- Heat a pan
- Place the bread in the pan and on a low flame toast the bread till its browned and crisp from both sides
- Once the bread is toasted slice it into cubes.
Method of tomato soup
- Heat the butter in a deep non-stick pan. Add the bay leaf & garlic and saute on a low flame for a minute.
- Add the tomato puree, one cup of water, cream, sugar, and salt. Mix well & cook on a medium flame for 4-5 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Switch off the flame add the black pepper powder, cumin powder, & mix well.
- Serve with bread croutons & cream.